IDE Teacher Benefits
Teacher tools include:
- An integrated, easy-to-use Teacher Edition for each lesson
- Inline NGSS and Common Core standards correlations
- Detailed setup videos providing activity setup instructions for appropriate lessons
- Ability for students to digitally compose and submit answers to teachers
- Ability for teachers to provide written feedback to students
- Aggregated reporting of student and class responses, provides a “macro” view of overall progress
Preparing for lessons is oftentimes an intensive and lengthy experience frequently involving several sets of reference materials. And, as teachers know, there is usually a tremendous and sometimes overwhelming amount of resources and information available to help them prepare. IQWST is no exception. So, how best to access this information? In a book-like format? We think there is a better way.
The Interactive Digital Edition takes a more intelligent layered approach to the organization of the various teacher resources available. Rather than the linear construct forced by the confines of a printed book, the Interactive Digital Edition provides the teacher resources at your fingertips within the context of the main content, as a unified and simple-to-use single tool.
As students progress through each lesson, their written responses are sent to the teacher electronically. Teachers receive real-time formative assessment information, enabling them to monitor progress and modify instruction at the individual, small-group, or whole-class level.
Teachers can easily track progress towards meeting NGSS and the Common Core as the system displays which standards are being addressed in each lesson. Our pending “Standards Engine” technology plans to go further, aligning to state standards, as well as providing sophisticated querying tools for more intensive standards-based efforts.
Lesson Setup Videos
In addition to descriptive material, many lessons include video that demonstrates the procedure for setting up investigation equipment or materials.